Saturday, December 29, 2012

Welcome Padre Marco



If given the utter joy to meet St. Francis- face to face;

To look upon his person and marvel at God's grace.

I 'd want to give him something... to honor with small notion,

Put a smile on his face and express my devotion.



I am sure that he'd be modest, may refuse a fancy token.

Shiny trinkets- just can't see it, understood with words unspoken,

I would want to give him something that would show my gratitude.

How he touched my life so sweetly, watching him, I understood.



All the sadness and pressure; once my life was full of pain.

That my childhood was so harsh and my youth so full of vain.

I was never quite as happy as I could have been, it's true.

Searching aimlessly for answers from a God I never knew.



Until one day I saw Francis hug a cross of Jesus Christ;

and it triggered every heartstring that connected me to life

Ever since that day I hunger for this Lord, that sweet embrace;

This is what I know I'll tell Him when we do come face to face.



I have no grand gift to give you, Padre Marco, I 'm alone.

In the spirit of the Drummer Boy, I offer you this poem.

That you came to Nova Scotia just to meet us, it's the best!

That we came this close to Francis, his successor, we are Blessed!!!



 

Thanks be to God!!



Parishioner of St Catherine's

Halifax , NS

August 28th , 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment